The Puppet Monster Massacre (2010)

Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedin rss feed email

Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Puppet Monster Massacre (2010)

I want you to imagine your perfect horror movie.  Great story, characters you come to care about, interesting and unique death scenes and of course lots of nudity and sex.  Now image the entire cast is made of felt.
I cannot stress enough that I am not joking when I say this has honestly become one of my favorite horror movies.  As screwy as the premise might sound I assure you this is written as if it is a major release horror film, they could have filmed this with real actors and the film would still be as good.  The fact the cast is made up of Henson level puppets only makes it even more amazing to watch.
A group of teens are challenged to spend a night in the Wagner mansion on the edge of town. Little do they know the owner (Dr. Wolfgang Wagner) has concocted a monstrosity in the basement and plans to make the hapless teens the creature's first big meal. This is The Puppet Monster Massacre, a wild and raucous love letter to the monster films of the glorious 1980's!
Created by Dustin Mills, the same man who is bringing you Zombie A-Hole and Night of The Tentacles, as a labor of love to the horror genre. He poured his heart and soul and over a year of his life to bring this tale to your eyes and brains.  I wish i could tell you more about him but other than his IMDB page and an interview over at Daily Grindhouse information is limited to "he made this" pages.  In addition Steve Rimpici, an American voice actor and on-screen actor, who has worked for Rockstar Games and the Discovery Health Channel. He provided the voice of Dr. Wolfgang Wagner. Additionally, Steve has voiced over 50 different characters for Strobie Studios’ productions of The Watson Files, The Ark of Time and The Horror of Poe.

Steve Rimpici also portrayed Dr. Avery Frank in Pioneer One, the first television series ever to be launched and distributed over torrent sites, and was the voice of Oma in Project London, the first feature-length live action film produced with over 700 visual effects and animations created almost solely with the open source software Blender and worldwide volunteers.

As of this writing his production team and him are looking to raise funding to create the sequel.  If you are interested or just want more information on this film the official website is at:
The Puppet Monster Massacre Official Site

Addendum:  I erroneously reported that Mr. Rimpici was the creator of this film, it is in fact Dustin Mills.  Please throw money at Mr. Mills so there can be a sequel.  Link is above this humble attempt to prostrate myself so I don't get more emails from Mr. Mills.  I am truly sorry for reporting incorrectly.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great review but I can't take credit for the film. I was thrilled to voice Dr. Wolfgang Wagner, but the real genius is Dustin Mills.

    Dustin created PMM as well as several other terrific films. Please send all your praise (and donations for PMM2) to him!

    Thanks again,
    Steve Rimpici
    www.stevesvoiceovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I stand corrected, you still rocked the mic tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve did do a fantastic job, but uh... I worked pretty hard pulling this thing together (lots of my money and over a year of my life). I'm glad you liked it, but maybe do a cursory google search or something before reporting on a film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrections have been made and I hope you can forgive me for my terrible mistake. I in no means intended disrespect and my fingers just got ahead of my brain when i was writing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...