Atomic Brain Invasion (2010)

Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedin rss feed email

Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Atomic Brain Invasion (2010)

I’m still hyped up on anti-biotics but ran out of oxy days ago so if this is gonna happen might as well do it while I’m relatively sober.

  • Actors: David Lavellee Jr., Sarah Nicklin, Michael Reed, Daniel Lee White, Colin Carlton
  • Directors: Richard Griffin
  • Format: Color, NTSC, Widescreen
  • Language: English
  • Rated: Unrated
  • Studio: Camp Motion Pictures
  • DVD Release Date: October 2, 2012
  • Run Time: 91 minutes
  • When a mysterious spacecraft carrying a deadly intergalactic plague crash-lands in a small New England town, it's up to a group of misfit high schoolers and an alien abductee to stop the army of slime-spewing brain creatures from their one goal: kidnapping Elvis Presley!  Oozing with 50's pop-culture affection, Atomic Brain Invasion is a gleefully gooey homage to classic sci-fi cinema that the critics call "a success on every level, quick on its feet and packed with in-jokes for the seasoned genre film fan." 

    I got to be honest here, I have tried to write about this movie like four times and each time I realize my words can not do this movie justice.  It is a loving homage to sci-fi movies of the fifties, takes the medium seriously without being to full of itself, funny without being silly, hits all the right notes without being condescending.  It is obvious the film makers grew up on a diet of commie-fearing analogy movies and that is what they are respectfully paying tribute to.  I sat down expecting to watch a cheesy movie poking fun at how we used to make sci-fi movies and got something that should be an example to others on how to do it right.  If the world was fair you would have seen this movie in a theater with a big name company distributing and marketing it.  Nothing I write can fully convey how much I enjoyed watching this film, it is simply done well and is one amazing ride start to finish.  The only other compliment I can add is after watching I looked up the IMDB info and discovered the makers Scorpio Film Releasing have about ten other films that I will be seeking out to watch, each one based on another sub-genre of sci-fi and horror.


    Related Articles:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    Friends of MMTV

    TDIH